Matrimonial, Family and Children Law services

We offer a full range of family law services, including divorce and separation, financial matters and children law. In particular, we provide specialist advice and assistance in the following areas:

Matrimonial and Family Law

  • Divorce and legal separation
  • Resolving disputes involving financial and property issues following separation or divorce
  • Advising on and drafting pre-nuptial, post nuptial, civil partnership, cohabitation, separation agreements
  • Resolving disputes involving children following a divorce or separation

We are committed to providing every client with a professional, friendly, expert and cost effective service. We will provide practical advice on the best way to proceed throughout your case, including negotiation and mediation. In cases where it is not possible to achieve agreement however, and court proceedings have to be pursued, we aim to ensure that proceedings are conducted in a constructive way to minimise conflict and distress as far as possible.

Children Law

We advise and represent parents and family members on a wide range of matters relating to children including:-

  • Residence
  • Contact
  • Special Guardianship
  • Caring for children within the family, for example by grandparents
  • Disputes over specific questions in relation to a child – e.g. where a child should be educated (specific issue and prohibited steps orders)
  • Taking children to live or travel abroad
  • Parental Responsibility
  • Change of name

We are committed to helping parents to resolve their disputes in the best possible interests of the children, and to encourage agreements wherever possible.


Domestic Violence and Injunctions

If you are subjected to violence or harassment by your partner or a family member, we can provide you with supportive and confidential advice and assistance. You may be able to apply to the family courts for an urgent non-molestation order (an injunction) to prevent the continuing violence or harassment. You may also be able to apply for an occupation order to evict that person from the family home, or prevent him/her from returning to it.